Tenancy Support Team (TST) is a service provided to individuals participating in the Transition to Community Living Initiative (TCLI). B & D Integrated Health Services provides TST to individuals with TCLI housing slots in Durham and Wake Counties. TST is a rehabilitation service intended to increase and restore an individual’s ability to live successfully in the community by maintaining tenancy. TST focuses on increasing the individual’s ability to live as independently as possible, managing the illness, and reestablishing his or her community roles related to the following life domains: emotional, social, safety, housing, medical and health, educational, vocational, and legal. TST provides structured rehabilitative interventions. Expected outcomes include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Achieved recovery goals identified in the individuals Person Centered Plan (PCP);
- Continued community tenure;
- Improved personal, social, and community living skills;
- Increased access to necessary services in all life domains;
- Improved functioning in community roles;
- Re-established or restored network of healthy natural supports and community contacts;
- Re-established or restored independent living abilities.