Purpose: The purpose of the B&D Integrated Health Services’ Integrated Care Program is to integrate primary care medical services into the behavioral health service array offered to adults at B & D.
Goal: The goal of the program is improve the health status of adults diagnosed with mental illness, and those with co-occurring substance use disorders, who are at risk for, or diagnosed with, one or more chronic physical illness, but are not currently utilizing primary and preventive health care services.
Objectives: The program’s objective is to support the triple aim of improving the health of adults diagnosed with mental illness; enhancing the individual’s experience of care in regards to quality, access, and reliability of care; and reducing/controlling the per capita cost of care.
Eligibility Criteria for Participation in B & D’s Integrated Care Program:
• Adult (age 21 or older) diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance use disorder(s); and
• At risk for, or diagnosed with, one or more chronic physical illness; and
• Receiving, or eligible to receive, a mental health and or substance use service at B and D Integrated Health Services (BDBHS); and
• Not currently utilizing primary and preventive health care services; or
• Individuals currently utilizing community primary and preventative health care services, and who are enrolled in ACTT, CST, SAIOP, OBOT, or PSS at B&D, will receive care coordination as standard care to facilitate communication between the individual’s current community Primary Care Provider, behavioral health providers, and other specialists.